Online Webinar and Training Services
Karen stays current on the latest evidence through literature reviews, direct communications with researchers, and by attending many conferences. In fact, she earned her 5th Award for Continuing Education (ACE) in 2017. This award is given out to Speech-Language Pathologists who achieve 70 contact hours in a 3 year period. Per the American Speech-Hearing-Language Association (ASHA) Continuing Education Board:
“Ms Sheffler joins a select group of individuals who have made a concerted, personal effort to continue professional learning beyond an academic degree.”
Allow Karen to bring her humor and expertise to your next conference, lecture series or webinar.
Work Example – Webinar
Thickened Liquids: One Tool in Our Dysphagia Toolbox
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand that instrumental evaluations are necessary to accurately determine the need for a thickened liquid.
- Explain the rationale for thickening liquids and what a thickener is.
- Identify the levels of thickness (apparent viscosities).
- Discuss patient safety benefits and risks.
- Present effective collaboration with the RD and SLP and the interdisciplinary team with holistic approach for “person-centered care.”
Webinar Link: Click Here